Have been playing Hero Mode, and doing another file which has a six-heart challenge, I figured it was a good time to do this?
30 days of Skyward Sword
- 1. Did you give a name to your Loftwing? If so, what was it? If not, why not? (Dec 10)
- 2. Who is your favorite citizen of Skyloft? (Dec 11)
- 3. What did you think of Fi as your guide (compared to previous ones)? (Dec 12)
- 4. What did you think of the new items that were introduced? (Dec 13)
- 5. Did you like how the Wii Motion + was incorporated or not? (Dec 14)
- 6. Which Surface region did you enjoy the most? (Dec 15)
- 7. Which Surface region did you enjoy the least? (Dec 16)
- 8. What is your opinion on the introduced concept of upgrading items? (Dec 17)
- 9. Which temple boss did you find the most difficult? (Dec 18)
- 10. Which temple boss did you find the most fun? (Dec 19)
- 11. Which temple boss was your overall favorite? (Dec 20)
- 12. Which temple did you find the most challenging? (Dec 21)
- 13. Which temple did you find the easiest? (Dec 22)
- 14. Which temple was your overall favorite? (Dec 23)
- 15. What is your opinion on the Trials? (Dec 24)
- 16. Did you end up getting the Hylian Shield? (Dec 25)
- 17. Goddess Cubes; good idea or too much work than they’re worth? (Dec 26)
- 18. What did you think of having the harp as an instrument versus other instruments like the ocarina? (Dec 27)
- 19. Which new race was your favorite? (Dec 28)
- 20. Did you use any of the featured medals? If so, which ones came in handy the most? (Dec 29)
- 21. Gratitude Crystals, a good way of introducing sidequests or a waste of time? (Dec 30)
- 22. How did you find the general length of the game, too short? Too long? Right in the middle? (Dec 31)
- 23. The dowsing ability; annoying or useful? (Jan 1)
- 24. Would you have preferred to get different colored tunics instead of the dragon scale and fire earrings? (Jan 2)
- 25. Link, who was previously blonde, has been featured as a brunette in the two most recent games. Thoughts/opinions? (Jan 3)
- 26. Were there any parts during Skyward Sword that reminded you of parts of previous Zelda games? (Jan 4)
- 27. Groose; thoughts/opinions on his character development? (Jan 5)
- 28. Your reaction to the last scene? (Jan 6)
- 29. HERO MODE! Too hard or a well-needed challenge? (Jan 7)
- 30. Your overall review. (Jan 8)
Day 1 (December 10) - Did you give a name to your Loftwing? If so, what was it? If not, why not?
Uhhh, not a legitimate name like I did to Epona in Twilight Princess, no. I usually just called it "my red crane"… Cause, I kinda like cranes I guess? And I tend to mix up some of my birds… I have no idea what kind of bird the Loftwings are based off of.
Day 2 (December 11) - Who is your favorite citizen of Skyloft?
Gondo! He helps upgrade your stuff of course! I generally like him, cause unlike most NPCs, he's actually helpful to the story a bit!
Also Peatrice, she's adorable. A lot of people don't seem to like her but… I… I relate with her kinda?? Like I always had hopes on being with someone with common or varying interests… And then one person liked some of my stuff, popped in every while.
At first I was not sure what to make of them, but I became friendly with them more and more after a while… Now when I think about them or see them, my heart kinda flutters around and I get excited. They have no idea about it though. u.u;
Day 3 (December 12) - What did you think of Fi as your guide (compared to previous ones)?
Yeah, I can't put it nicely… She was the worst partner. I can only think of TWO TIMES where she was actually helpful.
Like, where do I begin? "MASTER YOUR HEALTH IS LOW" while the heart meter is beeping, and "MASTER YOU'RE LOW ON BATTERY" when that sign is in the corner of the screen. Oh, and "MASTER THERE'S SOMETHING IMPORTANT ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THIS DOOR" on a boss door… When we're 3-5 dungeons in.
One time I couldn't find a door, so I asked where I could find an alternative entrance, and she said "YOU CAN TALK TO SKIPPER IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE", as if that's the advice I wanted. Also, when I had to sit down in Hero Mode because I was low on health she goes "MASTER WE SHOULDN'T BE RELAXING" or "MASTER THERE IS AN INFESTATION OF BUGS ABOVE US".
She's only helpful with some of the bosses. I understand that Nintendo wanted us to have our hand held so we don't get stuck on stupid things and have to consult the internet or help the new players, but a lot of it could have been cut out. Big step down from how helpful Midna actually was.
And for the record… I'm one of the people who actually liked Navi. She never bothered me too much, and I was more annoyed by Tatl if anything (that may be due to her attitude though). Meanwhile Fi was being annoying at the worst possible times and tell me stuff I already figured out, then tried to make it seem like she gained a personality so I would miss her at the end… Yeah, I won't miss you. I had fun losing you in the volcano-segment, as opposed to Wind Waker where the "losing your sword" thing fucking sucked.
Day 4 (December 13) - What did you think of the new items that were introduced?
The Beetle was soooooo good! I loved scaring off Bokoblins with it! Gust Bellows were pretty funny too, and the Digging/Mogma mitts were enjoyable.
I just wish that the Whip was used more often… I like it, but it manages to be not be as helpful as the Grappling Hook in TWW outside of dungeons…
Day 5 (December 14) - Did you like how the Wii Motion + was incorporated or not?
Yes and no… It's a little hard to explain, they should have introduced the Wii Motion + years before Skyward Sword. It would have made Mario Superstar Sluggers or whatever far less shitty. I hate how I had to buy the Wii Motion + separate, because it caused a lot of issues, we had to make back-and-forth trips.
By itself, the Wii Motion + is good though. Unlike the majority of people, I think Skyward Sword controls much nicer than Twilight Princess did, the aiming-cursor isn't horrible. Only swinging the sword can be an issue if you're too hasty, or maybe have shaky hands like I do.
Also, the AI in this game isn't shit-brained like previous Zelda games, the Bokoblins, while goofy, are somewhat competent as opposed to Wind Waker or Twilight Princess where you could ignore them or just kill them off instantly.
Day 6 (December 15) - Which Surface region did you enjoy the most?
Lanayru, quick sand aside. I like the time-shifting stones a whole lot, plus it felt easier to get around than some of the other places surprisingly…
Day 7 (December 16) - Which Surface region did you enjoy the least?
Oops, I was too tired/headache'd to remember Day 7, gomen
Faron… It's a boring forest area, and I get lost in it at times. You go into that place too many times, when I'd rather be around Lanayru or Eldin… It's just boring compared to the others.
Kikwis are adorable though.
Day 8 (December 17) - What is your opinion on the introduced concept of upgrading items?
Loved it! I liked making the Bug Net, Potions, Beetle, and Slingshot more useful when needed!… Bow upgrade was pointless though. And once your "restorable" shield is at it's best, I find the Hylian Shield having no use.
But hey, I have excuses to visit Gondo, and that's always fun! Same with collecting those treasures.
Day 9 (December 18) - Which temple boss did you find the most difficult?
Fucking first!Ghirahim. You only have six hearts because he's the first boss, made worse if you're playing on Hero Mode.
I understand they wanted us to get used to the new swordplay mechanics of the Wii Motion +, but there could have been much better ways… First!Ghirahim is a difficulty spike compared to the rest of the game's bosses/mini-bosses.
You have to be super careful and analyze everything if you want that fight to go smoothly. Oddly enough, the other times you fight him aren't as difficult.
Day 10 (December 19) - Which temple boss did you find the most fun?
What is it with me forgetting to update this?
Probably… Either Moldarach or Scaldera,
Day 11 (December 20) - Which temple boss was your overall favorite?
Koloktos and Tentalus seem to be the fan-favorites from what I've seen, and I can't blame them, they're my favorites also. They really kinda stand out, especially the former.
But if we're counting mini-bosses… Than I think it's pretty obvious to everyone that Scervo is my absolute favorite~♥ ♥ ♥
Day 12 (December 21) - Which temple did you find the most challenging?
Doin' this now so I don't forget.
Skyview Temple first and second time can be challenging if you don't know what your doing. When I replayed SS on Hero Mode, that was the only dungeon I had issues with… Other than that, all the dungeons are pretty easy.
Sandship has its challenges, but also mainly on Hero Mode. I guess… The most difficult was the Sky Keep, which is the final dungeon anyway.